Join one of our short term intensive Business English courses online – English for Human Resources (HR) ESP Online course
Why should you attend?
In today’s globalised marketplace, companies are increasingly looking to improve the efficiency of core HR practices right across the spectrum. From recruitment and retention processes, talent management to training and development processes, these areas are becoming more and more centralised. To facilitate this change, HR Professionals not only need to become skilled at understanding all HR processes, they need to understand how to communicate specific HR terminology and methodology in effective Business English.
If you want to improve your foreign language skills, check out our individual online language lessons and courses!
Turning Theory into Practice
Key in our series of Specialist Group Programmes, this course encourages participants to share ideas and experiences in order to facilitate the development of communication skills in relevant Human Resources situations and contexts. The programme will be based around the needs of the participants, developing language skills through discussion, role-plays, presentations, vocabulary development, language analysis, negotiation practice all in the context of the core functions of an HR Professional.
If you need to achieve a certain language proficiency level, learn more here!
Practical language skills will be developed in the following contexts:
Understanding the Role of HR
- The concept of the company organigram in English
- Facilitated discussion about place and role of HR in your company/country
- Staff planning, Succession planning
Enhancing Recruitment Processes
- Advertising for maximum ROI accurately in English
- Establishing objectives and pre-planning
- Identifying the best candidates through effective CV screening
- Interviewing approaches and techniques: recruitment, exit interviews and critical incidents
- Establishing terms and conditions of service in English
- Introducing successful Induction processes
Achieving an Empowered and Motivated Workforce
- Improving staff motivation through effective use of appraisal systems
- Conducting constructive appraisal interviews
- Constructing staff development plans
- Negotiating performance based salaries: the win-win scenario
- Providing 360° feedback for maximum effect
- Using Emotional intelligence in conflict management
- Conducting targeted employee surveys
Successful Employment Practice
- Analysing cultural aspects of employment, assessing the challenges of employing globally
- Determining conditions of service, formulating employment contracts in English
- Monitoring employees’ conduct
Implementing Corporate Wide Training Strategies
- Conducting corporate needs analysis
- Developing a strategic corporate wide training plan in English
- Developing a consultancy approach to sell the strategy in the organisation
- Implementing the strategy
- Applying project management tools for planning
The Art of Downsizing/Rightsizing
- Managing change and resistance to change
- Developing consultation processes and collaborative relationship
- Handling the redundancy process
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Identifying corporate culture
- What to do when cultures clash
- Successfully integrating HR processes and systems
- Introducing job rotation
- Grammar review, tense review
- Vocabulary development
- Language for meetings and negotiations
- Persuading, presenting, negotiating, questioning techniques, influencing skills,expressing opinions
If you want to claim a certain certificate, prepare for a language exam with one of our Exam preparation online courses!
Benefits to you:
- Improving your understanding of all HR processes
- Developing your ability to communicate technical HR terminology in English
- Benchmarking your processes with other HR professionals
- Advancing your English oral and writing skills in expressing business arguments in an HR context
- Fast tracking the development in your overall language ability
If you would like to learn the correct English pronunciation and gain a perfect accent, try out our new tool Cambridge AI Speech Tutor and train your language skills with your computer!
Who should attend our Specialised English Online Language Course English for Human Resources (HR):
HR Professionals needing to improve their ability to communicate in English on HR related issues and needing to develop a better understanding of HR terminology in English for improved results.