English for Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Why should you attend our Specialised English Course?
In a global marketplace and in the face of increasing business pressure, efficient and effective Supply Chain Management can provide a real competitive advantage. With more and more companies operating in an international environment, Supply Chain and Logistics Management requires a higher degree of international coordination to ensure the smooth flow of goods, information and other resources from the point of origin to the clients and end-users, in many cases thousands of miles away. English is the language used as the tool of communication between different nationalities to manage this complex and challenging process. This makes English an invaluable skill for all levels of management working within the Supply Chain and Logistics function.
Turning Theory into Practice
One of our series of Specialist Group Programmes, this course encourages participants to share ideas and experiences in order to facilitate the development of communication skills in relevant Supply Chain Management situations and contexts. The programme will be based around the needs of the participants, developing language skills through discussion, role-plays, presentations, vocabulary development, language analysis and frequent group and individual feedback.
Practical Language Skills will be developed in the following contexts:
Methodologies, Tools and Techniques in Managing Logistics
- Developing the language needed for planning cost effective and flexible supply chain solutions
- Defining in English the challenges of managing international supply chains extending over national borders
- Discussing the management of warehousing and planning warehousing solutions
- Practising the English needed to identify and analyse operational supply chain models based on product type, technology requirements and customer geography
- Building language to focus on the challenges of transport and distribution to meet smaller frequent deliveries and “just in time” production schedules
- Using English in assessing the benefits of third party logistics (3PL)
- Discussing shared user services to provide flexibility for customers
- Reporting solutions in English
- English for managing and informing internal and external parties involved within Logistics management and international Supply Chains – clients, outsourced parties, service providers
- Language for meetings and negotiations
- Language for presenting information
- Using English to communicate with remote teams
The Principles of Managing Logistics
- Compare and contrast what constitutes successful Logistics Management across different industries
- Identifying the constituent parts of Logistics Management
- Discussing the evolution of Logistics Management over the years
- Creating the balance between efficient Logistics and environmental pressures and concerns
Managing the People within the Logistics process
- Delegating with confidence in English
- The language of giving opinions, finding solutions and managing disagreements
- Participating in international meetings
- Developing interpersonal communication skills
- Building relationships, collaborating with third parties and managing outsourced contracts
English Language Development
- Grammar clinic
- Tense Review
- Vocabulary review for Managing Logistics
- Fluency Development
Benefits to you from our Specialised English Course
- Improving your English language skills in a variety of Logistics and Supply Chain Management contexts
- Developing your ability to communicate technical Logistics and Supply Chain terminology in English
- Benchmarking your knowledge with other Supply Chain managers
- Discussing case studies
- Increasing confidence when using English
- Fast tracking the development of your overall language ability
- Developing language skills applicable across functions and responsibilities and key to the progression of your career
Bet on language development and changes for the better!
The English for Logistics and Supply Chain Management is perfect for proffesionals and people who wants to improve their English communication and became better at their work.
Sign up for our course now to increase your possibilities in English-speaking communication, and thus improve your work and develop your professional career.