English for Sales and Marketing
Why should you attend our Specialised English Course for Sales and Marketing departments?
In today’s global economy, multi-national companies continue to expand their exposure through complicated and diverse marketing campaigns. To be successful, marketing strategies need to be tailored to a global marketplace as well as having to reflect differences in local markets. As a result, marketing campaigns require a much higher degree of international co-ordination to ensure that corporate, product and brand values are seamlessly aligned. Considering that many campaigns are planned, co-ordinated and even launched in English, it is becoming imperative for International Marketers to have a strong grasp of Marketing-related English. From planning campaigns to negotiating supplier contracts, excellence in English has become an invaluable skill.
If you need to achieve a certain language proficiency level, learn more here!
Turning English for Marketing Theory into Practice
Key in our series of Specialist Group Programmes, this course encourages participants to share ideas and experiences in order to facilitate the development of communication skills in relevant marketing situations and contexts. The programme will be based around the needs of the participants, developing language skills through discussion, role-plays, presentations, vocabulary development, language analysis, negotiation practice all in the context of the core functions of a Marketing Professional.
If you are wondering what is your language proficiency level, solve our free placement test to figure it out!
Practical language skills will be developed in the following contexts:
Understanding the Language of Marketing
- Discussing the marketing mix;
- Applying a marketing process;
- Designing a marketing plan;
- Analysing strategies and objectives;
- Conducting market research.
Knowing the Customer
- Examining positioning strategies;
- Evaluating customer research;
- Drafting consumer questionnaires;
- Understanding the consumer;
- Discussing trends in B2B & B2C.
The Use of English in Marketing Communications
- Assessing the use of English in advertising;
- Discussing sales performance;
- Writing promotional copy;
- Analysing the role of direct marketing;
- The language of e-marketing.
Conducting Effective Marketing Campaigns
- Presenting a marketing campaign to clients and stakeholders;
- The language of persuasion;
- Evaluating campaign results.
Analysing Marketing Case Studies
- i.e. like Coca Cola;
- The Coffee Company;
- Presenting your company case studies.
- Debating marketing and brand trends;
- Negotiating with clients, suppliers, stakeholders;
- Facilitating meetings effectively.
If you want to learn English online, check out Sensations English! It’s a professional and modern e-learning platform for learning English. It is the most dynamic, creative and stimulating solution for anyone wishing to improve their English in an original and effective way. It’s the only service that offers both diverse video and news articles, each of which is presented at five levels on the CEFR scale.
Benefits to you from our Specialised English Course:
- Improving your English language skills in a variety of marketing contexts
- Developing your ability to communicate technical marketing terminology in English
- Benchmarking your knowledge with other marketing professionals
- Improving the skill and speed at which you read marketing documents
- Discussing marketing case studies
- Perfecting your skills in presenting marketing campaigns in English to be more persuasive and effective
- Building on your skills in designing marketing plans and campaign documents in English
- Increasing your confidence when dealing with clients, suppliers & colleagues in English face-to-face, on the phone or in writing
- Fast tracking the development in your overall language ability
If you want to claim a certain certificate, prepare for the exam with our courses!
Who should attend:
Marketing professionals working in international marketing consultancies or multinational
companies, who deal with international clients or collaborate on marketing campaigns with colleagues in English.
Check out our other courses here!
English for Customer Care
Main areas of focus:
- Customer Care – The importance of good customer service;
- Face to Face – Body language/Dos and Don’ts/Trade fairs;
- On the phone – Sales/Complaints/Tone;
- Writing – Letters & Emails/Formal or Informal/Politeness;
- Extras – Dealing with problem & complaints/Apologies.
- Ability to show greater fluency in a number of face-to-face business situations;
- Ability to draft clearer and more concise business documents;
- Ability to discuss and deal with modern clients with confidence;
- Ability to conduct clear discussions and accurate product discriptionsions in English;
- Broad range of new vocabulary and grammar skills.
If you want to improve your foreign language skills, check out our individual courses!